Keypirinha is a fast launcher for keyboard ninjas on Windows.
- Quickly find and launch plethora of items like applications, files, bookmarks, URLs, sessions (PuTTY, WinSCP, FileZilla), registry keys, ...
- Launch a search on any configured website or online dictionary
- Language translations on-the-fly
- Evaluate a mathematical expression
- Convert numbers
- Search your environment variables
- Launch a copied URL directly (
- Split a URL and convert its arguments to JSON
- Switch to a running application by name
- Hash a string (CRC32, MD5, SHA, ...)
- Generate random UUIDs, passwords, bytes sequences
- Naturally associate a keyword to a specific item
- Machine-specific and/or user-specific configuration
- Lightning fast
- Fairly small memory footprint
- Battery friendly
- File-driven configuration
- An embedded Python3 API to extend Keypirinha‘s features via plugins
- Freeware, no nag screen, no time limit, no ads
You can think of Keypirinha as an alternative to Launchy and a cousin of Alfred.
See the First steps chapter for more information.
There are already existing launchers for Windows out there and we have tried a lot of them before deciding to develop Keypirinha. Including the inspiring Synapse, which unfortunately supports Linux only.
They are either not keyboard-only oriented, not flexible enough, not always extensible, too bloated, too slow or just outdated (implying a broken support for recent platforms).
Keypirinha has been started as a personal project and is not meant to be better than all of them. It offers a recent alternative that is fast, flexible, memory efficient, battery friendly and smart about the search results it provides.
By battery friendly, we mean that with the default configuration and plugins, Keypirinha consumes zero CPU cycle once it has been initialized and when not used (i.e. most of its lifetime).
That being said, by design, its graphical user interface (GUI) is (very) minimalistic and supports functional tweaking only. Also, its learning curve can be more steep, depending on how you want to use it and extend it. That makes Keypirinha quite a niche project, mostly addressed to advanced users.
Keypirinha is distributed for free and you are absolutely not required to participate in any way, so please do not feel that you have to.
However, the application itself and the official packages are the result of several hundreds of hours of development spent by a single person so if you do wish to show your support, please know that it is greatly appreciated and taken as an encouragement for future developments.
There are several ways to support Keypirinha:
- Make a donation
- Like it, Star it, spread nice words about it
- Help with the Documentation
- Help to develop the official packages
Get involved in the development of the Packages
- There are plans to develop an automated packages redistribution platform
Get involved in the development of the Platform
All donations will be used for the project.
Small donations will probably be spent on coffee to cheer up the developer in his cave. Bigger amounts will be spared for:
- a Windows 10 license, which would help in the development of some requested features
- the domain name
- the hosting of the dynamic website and the packages redistribution platform that is planned
- a digital certificate for signing Keypirinha‘s binaries so users can ensure the ones they installed can be trusted to be issued by the original author
- some hardware used in the development of the project
If you have further questions or special enquiries, please PM @polyvertex
Keypirinha is a combination from the terms Keyboard and Caipirinha, the brazilian cocktail, which the author really encourages you to try if you haven’t yet!