5.13. String Package¶
Available since version 2.13
A multi-purpose plugin for string conversion and generation.
- Hash a string using standard algorithms like CRC32, MD5, SHA*, etc...
- Generate a random UUID, also called GUID
- Generate a random password
- Generate random bytes
- URL-quote a string
- URL-unquote a string
- Split a URL
- Convert URL arguments to JSON
- Quote a command line argument (Windows & Unix style)
- Split a command line (Windows & Unix style)
Example of splitting a URL and convert its arguments to JSON from URL:
For an overview of all the items populated by this package, type
Most of these items are self-explanatory, however some of them accept a bit of tweaking at runtime via their argument:
String: Random Bytesaccepts an integer to specify the number of bytes to be generated. Also, the
Spacekey can be hit at will to generate a new sequence.
String: Random Passwordaccepts an integer to specify the number of characters to be generated. Also, the
Spacekey can be hit at will to generate a new password.
String: Random UUID/GUIDgenerates a new UUID each time its argument changes