A fast launcher for keyboard ninjas on Windows.
- Download the latest release: v2.9.5 (portable)
Requires Windows 64-bit (7, 8, 8.1 or 10)
Freeware, no nag screen, no time limit, no ads
- Take a look at the Installation procedure or the Update Procedure
- Read the First steps chapter
- Check out the Change Log to know what’s new
- Check out the Current Developments section below to see what’s next
- Need Help?
- You like Keypirinha?
- Get involved in the development of the Official Packages
- Give it a Like or a Star to show your support:
What is Keypirinha¶
Keypirinha is a fast launcher for keyboard ninjas on Windows.
- Quickly find and launch plethora of items like applications, files, bookmarks, URLs, sessions (PuTTY, WinSCP, FileZilla), ...
- Launch a search on any configured website or online dictionary
- Evaluate a mathematical expression
- Convert numbers
- Launch a pasted URL directly (
- Switch to a running application searched by name
- Associate a keyword to a specific item
- An embedded Python3 API to extend Keypirinha‘s features
- Lightning fast
- Fairly small memory footprint
- Battery friendly
- Extensible by writing plugin scripts in Python3.
- A community full of enthusiasts
- Freeware, no nag screen, no time limit, no ads
You can think of Keypirinha as an alternative to Launchy and a cousin of Alfred.
See the First steps chapter for more information.
Here are the headlines of Keypirinha‘s current developments.
Open Packages Platform: Keypirinha is glad to welcome @psistorm as a project member! He is currently working on developing the online side of the project in order to make it more community-oriented. That includes Keypirinha‘s website and more importantly a packages management platform to allow users to easily search, list, install, update and uninstall official and third-party packages. Third-party developers will be able to share their package with the community by registering their GitHub or Bitbucket repository.
Catalog sub-system: Several features regarding the Catalog sub-system have been requested by users and have been hanging in the issue tracker for quite a while now (issues #22, #52 and #60). Altogether, they imply deep changes under the hood and require some time to be implemented. It is slowly making its way.
About this Documentation¶
- 1. Installation
- 2. Update Procedure
- 3. First steps
- 3.1. Start Keypirinha
- 3.2. Open the LaunchBox
- 3.3. First Search
- 3.4. Second Search
- 3.5. Associate a Keyword to an Item
- 3.6. Specify arguments
- 3.7. Actions
- 3.8. Maximize the LaunchBox
- 3.9. Leave a Search
- 3.10. Drag and Drop
- 3.11. Clear the history
- 3.12. Configuration
- 3.13. Customize your Catalog
- 3.14. Extending Keypirinha
- 4. Keyboard Shortcuts
- 5. Overview
- 6. Configuration
- 7. Customize your Catalog
- 8. Packages
- 9. Shipped Packages
- 9.1. Apps Package
- 9.2. Bookmarks Package
- 9.3. Calc Package
- 9.4. ControlPanel Package
- 9.5. Everything Package
- 9.6. FileBrowser Package
- 9.7. FileZilla Package
- 9.8. PuTTY Package
- 9.9. TaskSwitcher Package
- 9.10. Test Package
- 9.11. URL Package
- 9.12. WebSearch Package
- 9.13. Winamp Package
- 9.14. WinSCP Package
- 10. Contributions
- 11. Extending Keypirinha (API)
- 12. Contribute
- 13. Glossary
- 14. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 15. Credits